Financial Advisory Services
D+B helps determine and execute financial strategies that utilize our clients’ resources most effectively. Our agility in a changing—and challenging—financial environment has been demonstrated repeatedly as we have helped clients find new ways of financing critical revitalization projects. Our national practice allows us to apply knowledge gained in other states to a wide variety of solutions tailored to specific projects.
Our financial advisory services include:
- Analyzing the applicability of government regulations in the use and structure of public subsidies, particularly in combination with tax-exempt bonds and low-income housing and historic tax credit equity.
- Preparing financial projections and applying for and assembling a wide range of public and private financing, including local and state government financing, HUD federal funds, federal and state housing and historic tax credits, tax-exempt volume cap, capital grant anticipation bonds, agency and FHA-insured conventional debt, HOME funds, Community Development Block Grant and Section 108 funds, Affordable Housing Program funds, and tax increment financing.
- Assisting housing authorities with RAD and Section 18 repositionings.
- Performing financial analyses and evaluating projections for entire revitalizations and/or individual components and structuring mixed-finance transactions for both new construction and acquisition/rehabilitation.
- Developing and maintaining computer models for structuring and implementing development projects, including financing pro formas for each individual component or phase.
- Structuring and helping to procure debt and tax credit equity.
- Assisting in the creation of public-private partnerships to implement complex revitalization initiatives, including advising on negotiating business and financial terms.