- Location: New York City
- Number of Units: 394 low income rental apartments (three phrases), of which 80 are public housing units; 23,000 sf of retail space; 10,000 sf community facility
- Total Development Cost: $180 million
- Phase I (110 units) – Completed June 2016
- Phase II (149 units) – Completed January 2017
- Phase III (135 units) – Under construction; completion scheduled for Winter 2017-2018
D+B, together with developer partners Pennrose Properties, Blue Sea Development, and Rosenberg Housing Group, was selected by the NYC Housing Authority and the NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development to redevelop NYCHA’s Prospect Plaza Houses into a mixed-income community using a federal HOPE VI grant as well as tax-exempt bond financing, low income housing tax credits, and other city-subsidized financing.
The development, located in the Ocean Hill–Brownsville section of Brooklyn, is being built on NYCHA land and replaces vacant towers with a new mixed-use property that includes 394 affordable apartments in a combination of four-story walk-up and 5 ½-story elevator buildings, green open space, a green roof, a community center, a supermarket, and a public park. Prospect Plaza has three phases and is designed and constructed to receive LEED Platinum, LEED Gold and National Green Building Standard certifications. Conforming to the NYC Active Design Guidelines, Prospect Plaza provides physical fitness opportunities, and the property benefits from commissioned ironwork by a NYC artist.
For more detailed information on this and other D+B development projects, please download our full Development Qualifications document.